The Accounting/Office Clerk will ensure complete and systematic accounting records of receipts and disbursements in the organization by performing clerical and bookkeeping tasks and applying accepted procedures in preparing and maintaining accounting records.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares financial reconciliations.
- Posts journal entries to general ledger.
- Generates summary sheets for use by supervisor or auditor.
- Accounts Payable & Account Receivable.
- Proofs accounting reports for clerical accuracy.
- Allocates expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
- Monthly Inventory Audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures and the ability to translate those into a robust ERP system.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with some bookkeeping coursework; Associates degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- At least three years of increasingly responsible experience in Accounting; related business school or college courses may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to key, handle or feel. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor. Company lifting limitations will be enforced. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.