AVI (Auto-Valve, Inc.), a quality-focused aerospace parts manufacturer, located minutes from downtown Dayton, is seeking a Aerospace Component Assembler for our growing team.
REPORT TO: Manufacturing Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Individual is responsible for setting up and operating pneumatic / hand tools. Individual will be installing various types of fasteners (nuts, bolts, screws, solid & blind rivets). Work will consist of locating parts by hand or utilizing detail tooling and fixture to assemble parts. Working to specific job instructions, frequently reading & providing verbal status of where they are within the written process. Light handling & application of sealants, Hydraulics, solvents adhesives, & primers & proper disposal of same.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assembly, testing, de-burr, polish, assembly, part marking, and various machine operations;
- Ability to read and understand blueprints in order to correctly assemble product from the blue prints, technical drawings and process plans.
- Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled and following blueprints;
- Checks work with precision instruments for example: Plug gages, functional gages, and calipers;
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, wires, rivets, or other fasteners;
- Operates spray equipment to paint and coat metal components;
- Operates drill presses, power presses, and other machines to assist in assembly operation;
- Works from product drawings and uses hand grinders and common hand tools to grind and polish a variety of parts to meet contour, size, and finish requirements;
- Stays current with required customer specifications;
- Completes and updates all required paperwork;
- Keeps work station clean and orderly;
- Follows safety procedures and always wears safety protection equipment as needed by job assignment;
- Operate testing equipment with pneumatic, flow, Stoddard and hydraulic systems using a variety of aerospace fluids.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Five (5) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience. Fuel and hydraulic valve assembly experience preferred. Ability and experience in assembly and installation of lock wires. Good communication and organizational skills. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Individual has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, as well as, speak effectively before groups of customers or fellow associates. Individual has the ability to work with and around fellow coworkers in close proximity and in a team environment, displaying mutual respect. General math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals). Individual has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to program and use laser marking equipment and soldering of electrical wiring would be consider a plus. Ability to apply commonsense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form in the English language.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Lean Training, 5S Training, Strong in data collection and spreadsheets, familiar in working within a network environment, experience in working in in an ERP system.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Company lifting limitations will be enforced. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor.
Work Hours: 8 hours per 5 days a week, plus overtime as required.