AVI (Auto-Valve, Inc.), a quality-focused aerospace parts manufacturer, located minutes from downtown Dayton, is starting a night shift and seeking qualified CNC Setup/Operators, with multi-axis lathe and/or mill experience including setup and operation. Experienced CNC Machinists as well as those with less experience but a desire and willingness to learn, are encouraged to apply. Our night shift will be four ten-hour shifts (40 hours/week) 7:45 PM – 6:15 AM, Monday – Thursday (ending Friday AM), with weekends off. We will also provide a 10% shift differential, 10 hours of holiday pay for each paid holiday, competitive pay and benefits, and regular overtime. The machinist is responsible for setting up and operating CNC machines, and inspecting work to print. The machinist uses numerically controlled lathes and mills to perform machining operations such as turning, boring, contouring, facing, and threading parts such as castings, forgings, and bar stock.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements;
- Edits pre-written programs with supervision when necessary;
- Edits program for process improvements and trouble-shooting;
- Mounts work pieces in chuck, to faceplate, or to fixtures;
- Selects and installs preset tooling in tool posts, turrets or cutters, and automatic tool change magazine, in sequence specified on process sheet;
- Initiates machining operation;
- Observes numerical control displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts;
- Turns dials and switches to override program and correct machine performance;
- Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications using operation certification knowledge;
- Studies job packets and organizes materials for next order during cycles to reduce cycle and setup time;
- Pre-sets tools before positioning them in lathe;
- Sets up and operates another machine tool during machining cycles;
- Machines metallic and nonmetallic materials;
- Sets up and operates CNC machines using set-up sheets and written instructions with minimal supervision;
- Utilizes all types of inspection instruments to check work per print without supervision;
- Possesses knowledge of various cutting tools and has ability to determine various machine speeds and feeds;
- Performs basic equipment maintenance;
- Owns basic checking skills and hand tools at minimum;
- Through training, understands shop routers and SPC charts and product acceptance through operator verification;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
High School diploma or GED. Minimum of one (1) year machine shop experience /CNC experience; or equivalent combination of education/experiences.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Lean Training, 5S Training, familiar in working within a network environment. Experience with Mazak machines and controls. (Conversational and “G” Code) Experience in using and selecting cutting tools, insert tools, speeds & feeds and use of a variety of measuring equipment. AVI, started in 1947, designs and manufactures precision components for the best companies in the aerospace industry, providing components for almost every US aerospace manufacturer as well as many international companies. The AVI mission is to be the premier worldwide provider of fluid system components. AVI is an equal opportunity employer.