As a essential member of the leadership team the Human Resources reports to the Director / General Manager and serves a key role as HR strategist, providing expertise, leadership, guidance, and coaching in areas including employee relations, communication, development, recruiting, benefits, compensation and safety awareness/practices while working to maintain a healthy culture that supports trust, teamwork and team member effectiveness.
- Understands legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensures that policies, procedures and reporting documents are in compliance
- Creates, implements, and coordinates organizational design and Human Resource systems and processes; provides interpretation of and adherence to policies to assure appropriate consistency and create trust;
- Recruits, assesses and facilitates selection of candidates;
- Plans and conducts new employee onboarding to foster understanding of and commitment to Company goals, vision, mission and values;
- Performs necessary administrative duties in the areas of benefits, compensation, performance management, safety, workers compensation and out-processing.
- Coordinates training utilizing both internal and external resources and ensures compliance with ISO standards, supervisor harassment training, etc., and other management best practices which promote a healthy culture;
- Advises and counsels management and employees in resolution of employee relations issues;
- Coordinates safety system including incident and accident investigations, worker’s compensation management and understanding of and compliance with statutes and regulations.
- Coordinates appropriate handling of investigations and representation to government agencies
- Represents Company at professional and business-related functions, community events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of previous HR or related experience
- Fully competent in Windows software applications and using internet resources
- Expert communication (both verbal, listening and written) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated high degree of discretion and confidentiality;
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in environment of constant change and shifting priorities
- Excellent team skills
- Demonstrated leadership
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit and stand for multiple hours at a time
- Use senses of touch, hearing and vision, including close and distant and clear focus
- Walk through the manufacturing floor
- Lift and move up to 20 pounds occasionally