Auto-Valve, Inc., offers temporary/seasonal internship employment opportunities to gain experience in an innovative, dynamic, hands-on environment in the hydraulic and fuel controls industry. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. This is a varied departments internship, ranging from Engineering, Quality, Operations, and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Completion of an inventory review project, conducting research and analysis on existing inventory to determine compliance with aerospace quality standards, government (DFARs) requirements, and customer specifications.
- Inventory cell relocation project – in a coordinated and organized manner, assist in the design/setup of new inventory location, and subsequent physical relocation of all inventory to new location in second building on premises.
- Scan in documents to ERP System.
- Perform clerical duties, maintain files, and organize documents; photocopy, fax, etc. as needed
- Perform clerical duties, take memos, maintain files, and organize documents; photocopy, fax, etc. as needed
- Completion of document review, scan and file projects, determining document retention requirements, proper document naming convention, and filing in the appropriate electronic folder/subfolder.
- Working with different departments, including but not limited to: Engineering, Human Resources, Quality, and Operations.
- Other special projects as they arise in the areas of engineering, quality, production, customer service, or other areas of the company.
- Other assigned duties
Required Educations, Skills, and Experience:
- Currently pursuing degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Human Factors Engineering or other related field.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Strong word processing, Excel, and other computer skills.
- Not afraid to “get hands dirty” – involvement in all aspects of the aerospace design and manufacturing business.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk, occasionally sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch.
- Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor. The employee will regularly work near moving mechanical parts. The employee will occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.