AVI (Auto-Valve, Inc.), a quality-focused aerospace parts manufacturer, located minutes from downtown Dayton, is seeking a Manufacturing Team Lead for our growing team. We are adding a Night Shift and seek a Team Lead possesses demonstrated machining, quality, and/or manufacturing engineering experience in a machine shop environment.
Our night shift will be four ten-hour shifts (40 hours/week) 7:45 PM – 6:15 AM, Monday – Thursday (ending Friday AM), with weekends off. We will also provide a 10% shift differential, 10 hours of holiday pay for each paid holiday, competitive pay and benefits, and regular overtime. Summary: Responsible for leading and directing the night shift CNC Machinist Setup/Operators in all duties, providing guidance and troubleshooting where needed in areas including machining, programming/engineering, and quality inspection. Organizing daily activities for departmental associates to meet the delivery expectations of our customers. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedules, assists, and directs activities of co-workers within own department regarding production functions and work flow;
- While the team lead may not perform each of these responsibilities on a daily basis, he/she must have experience in the following, and be able to complete these duties independently when the need arises:
- Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements;
- Sets up and operates CNC machines using set-up sheets and written instructions without supervision;
- Understands and applies inspection procedures/work instructions;
- Applies geometric tolerance;
- Uses all inspection equipment including CMM;
- Performs first piece verification, lot samples and in-process inspections;
- Advises operations/management on all dimensional & cosmetic deficiencies;
- Conveys verbally and/or in writing, the condition of the parts being inspected;
- Assist with programming/processing functions as needed
- Ensures training and cross-training is completed on a timely basis for associate development and to meet production requirements;
- Promptly communicates issues and/or concerns of the associates to Supervisor for resolution;
- NOT primarily responsible for the function of the department nor the individuals within (including such activities as performance reviews and disciplinary actions…this responsibility is not to be confused with a supervisory role unless primary job description specifies otherwise);
- Follows safety policies and procedures;
- Responsible for acting in a professional and respectful manner;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience: High School diploma or GED. Minimum of five (5) plus years direct experience working in a machine shop manufacturing environment, and/or combination of experience and education. Must have the technical knowledge of how machines operate and/or processes are followed within assigned department. Strong organizational and communication skills necessary. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of personalities. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from both internal and external sources.