The Process Engineer is responsible for processing work as profitably as possible, whereby the end result is a quality product delivered to the customer’s satisfaction.
This position will primarily and extensively involve creating detailed process plans and work instructions for the manufacturing floor to follow (routers). Other responsibilities include:
- Estimating/planning all phases of any complex project with minimal supervision, including Engineering, Design, Quality Time, Manufacturing Process plans, Programming, Tooling Design related to CNC Machinery, and Final Assembly;
- Communicating with all departments to assure the most economical manufacturing process per the Company’s current capabilities and procedures;
- Investigating inappropriate time standards that may need adjustment for accuracy with minimal supervision;
- Producing in-process drawings and tool designs, using Solidworks software.
- Effectively communicating with other internal departments, vendors and customers to problem solve.
- Providing time studies, router review, suggestion follow-up, manufacturing support, and job cost review when needed. Includes compliance router clean-up;
- Demonstrating knowledge of and maintaining compliance with customer specifications as well as internal policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Skills and Experience :
High School diploma or GED with related technical courses, and minimum of seven (7) years experience in manufacturing or complex aerospace processing. An Associate’s Degree in Engineering in one of the following fields: Mechanical, Tool and Die Design, Process, Industrial, or an equivalent Engineering, is preferred.
Incumbent needs to possess a degree of knowledge, or combination of, the following: tool design, efficient process design, complex lathe turning 5 axis machining and swiss turning of components and assemblies. Complex Geometry, CAD parametric and solid modeling, high speed machining, extensive programming 5 axis mills and CNC Lathes.
Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and of secondary outside services required. Good communication and organizational skills are necessary and incumbent must be a team player with a willingness to share knowledge.