AVI (Auto-Valve, Inc.), a quality-focused aerospace parts manufacturer, located minutes from downtown Dayton, is seeking a Raw Material Attendant for our growing team.
Responsible for all receiving functions and management of sheet stock inventory, including planning, storing, sawing/cutting and staging stock as required and dictated by dispatch list and shop routings.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs all functions required for receiving materials, including maintaining receiving records, recording transactions in data system, ensuring all required documentation accompanies shipments, delivers received materials to receiving inspection and/or material control as required;
- Responsible for security of materials in area of responsibility, including associated machinery and equipment;
- Receives and maintains all certified materials in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Ensures accuracy of inventory through cycle counting procedures and proper computerized recording of all inventory transactions to satisfy metal processing needs;
- Reviews time-phased material, work center load reports and dispatch lists to ensure availability of material to support production requirements. Interfaces with production planning, process engineering and procurement personnel as required to maintain updated material status;
- Ensures all materials and/or jobs entering or leaving the area are accompanied by appropriate documentation;
- Operates gateway work centers, including saw and other processing equipment, as required by routers to prepare materials for further production;
- Processes and stages orders as dictated by priority dispatch list;
- Operates Company’s tow motor and overhead crane safely;
- Serves as back up for Tool Crib Attendant
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. One (1) to three (3) years experience in a machine shop/metal processing manufacturing environment; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional experience in inventory or material control desirable. Must have good computer skills (windows), strong attention to detail, communication skills, organizational skills, and be a team player. Must have ability to operate heavy machinery, including a saw, and to handle large bars of material. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Ability to read simple measuring tools is also required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor. Company lifting limitations will be enforced. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.